Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about our school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of our school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. Ofsted will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
By sharing your views, you’ll be helping our school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about our school. Or, if you want to, view the results for any school in England.
Parents Forum September 2015
Parents agreed that the best time for a forum would be after Sharing Assembly.
Parent discussed areas they valued at Flitcham:
- Clubs that are offered
- Learning that is tailored to children’s needs
- Children’s are stretched in their learning during the day
- Sharing assemblies
- Father Jonathon’s visits to school and services thy are invited to in Church
- Discipline is good in school
- Christian ethos…everyone is valued and treat equally
- Curriculum offered to children – Wow! Days that enthuse and engage children’s learning
Parents felt we could develop:
- Offer more art/craft focussed clubs
- It was felt that staff should write end of year reports and children write a comment
- More regular changing of reading books
Areas discussed at length:
Parking – concerns were raised about parents turning in the road and not using one way system and lack of supervision of children on the road once they had left school site.
- Head to speak to Estate Office re mirror at end of roadway
- Mrs garnet to monitor parking and speak to parents
- Chair of Governors to monitor traffic and speak to police
Homework – Parents felt that homework could be challenging as children were tired at end of day – a discussion took place re pros and cons of regular homework and projects.
- No pressure for children to complete homework
- Feed- back provided for homework
- Topics once/twice a term – with information for parents about expectations
- Homework will be discussed with staff and decision made taking into consideration views